When your guests get wind of this sour-cream-based spinach dip, they 'll think the packaged stuff is positively passe.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread
In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until well blended, then refrigerate.
Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Tear the inside into pieces for dipping. Spoon the dip into the center of the bread bowl and serve accompanied by the pieces of bread for dipping.