This is delicious served in tortillas (although a bit saucy) or over rice. It's easy to make and relatively quick.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound top round steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 large bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 onion, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in the round steak, bell pepper and onion. Pour the tomato sauce and water over all, and season with garlic, cumin and chili powder. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.