A melange of Cheddar, chicken, mushrooms and green beans is capped with flaky buttermilk biscuits for a yummy all-in-one meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
In a saucepan, heat margarine until hot and bubbly. Add flour, mustard, and sage; stir quickly to combine. Stirring constantly, add milk. Cook and stir until smooth.
Add bouillon and pepper, and mix well. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick, 5 to 10 minutes.
Stir in the cheese, and cook until melted. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and green beans. Cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour chicken mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Separate biscuits into 2 layers, making 10 circles. Arrange biscuits over chicken mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until biscuits are golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.