This soul-satisfying casserole only needs a side salad or bread to make it a complete meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- Asiago Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 3 cups chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 2 cups hot Asiago Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a medium, heavy saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Place over medium heat; cook until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
Steam the broccoli, covered, 4 minutes. Drain. Combine broccoli and next 7 ingredients (broccoli through garlic). Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 332 (21% from fat); FAT 7.9g (sat 4.1g, mono 2.2g, poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 24.9g; CARB 39.5g; FIBER 2.5g; CHOL 40mg; IRON 2.6mg; SODIUM 478mg; CALC 36