A flavorful saute of chicken, artichoke hearts, olives and mushrooms is added to a classic, creamy Bechamel sauce and tossed with penne for a simply delicious first course or main dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups homemade bechamel sauce
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Drain.
Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Saute chicken pieces until chicken is light-to-golden brown in color.
Add artichoke hearts, olives ,and mushrooms to pan; heat for about 90 seconds. Turn heat to low, add cooked pasta to pan, and heat until warm.
Add warm Bechamel Sauce to pan, and toss ingredients 3 to 4 times. Serve with freshly grated black pepper and fresh Parmesan cheese to taste. Sprinkle dash of paprika over food for color, if desired.