This is a great meal to make when unexpected company drops in. Just add more pasta if you have to feed a few extra people.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the spaghetti for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onions and peppers until tender. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Place the chicken in the skillet, and brown about 5 minutes on each side. Return onions and peppers to skillet, and pour in the tomatoes. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper, cinnamon, and cumin. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over the cooked pasta.
Any type of pasta may be used in this dish!