Chicken bathed in tangy onion sauce and topped with mushrooms and tomatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a 9x13 inch baking pan, arrange chicken and bay leaves. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, onion soup mix and oregano. Pour mixture over chicken.
Bake uncovered in preheated oven, basting occasionally, for 40 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and bake an additional 20 minutes (or until chicken and vegetables are tender.) If desired, serve with rice and salad.