Seasoned Neufchatel cheese and crab meat stuffing makes this baked chicken breast dish perfect for company... and your family will love it too.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh Dungeness crabmeat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
In a medium bowl combine the Neufchatel cheese, onion, parsley, dill, garlic and lemon pepper. Add crabmeat and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, process bread to create small crumbs.
Using a small sharp knife, cut in half horizontally through the center of each chicken breast half, creating a pocket. Fill each pocket with 1/4 of the crab mixture. Then dip each chicken piece into flour, eggs, and finally bread crumbs to coat. Cover completely. Arrange in prepared baking pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and breading is golden brown.
The original recipe, Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Crabmeat, was submitted by Holly, and contains 571 calories, 25.5 g fat, 230 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 41.6 g carbohydrates, 1.7 g fiber, and 42.8 g protein.