Sage and other herbs fuse into a classic basting sauce for simple baked chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a bowl, prepare the basting sauce by combining olive oil, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
Turn chicken breasts in sauce to coat thoroughly. Place skin side up in a shallow baking dish. Cover.
Roast at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), basting occasionally with pan drippings, for about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove to warm platter, spoon pan juices over, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.