Skinless chicken breasts are seasoned with rosemary and pan-fried, then served over basmati rice with a unique, sweet and spicy plum and habaneros salsa.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound plums, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Place water in a medium saucepan, and stir in the rice. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and fluff with a fork.
In a medium bowl, mix until well combined the plums, onion, habanero peppers, cilantro, and sugar. Cover, and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, season chicken with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in hot oil, and brown about 1 minute per side. Reduce heat to medium, and cook chicken about 5 more minutes per side. Serve over rice with plum salsa.