An Indonesian-Chinese stir-fry meal. Chicken is stir-fried with bok choy and broccoli in a thickened sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 medium head bok choy, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
In a large bowl, combine chicken, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, then stir-fry until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in water, pepper and sugar. Add bok choy and broccoli, and cook stirring until soft, about 10 minutes. Pour in the cornstarch mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.