Cooked chicken is microwaved with tomatoes, onions, lima beans, corn and okra in this quick and easy stew perfect for leftovers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 bay leaf
In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine chicken, water, pepper and salt. Microwave on high 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, onions, limas, corn, okra and bay leaf. Microwave 7 minutes. Remove bay leaf and microwave 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until tender.