In this classic, comforting dish, chicken breasts mingle with mushrooms, garlic, and onions in a delicious marinara sauce spruced up with sherry, capers, and oregano.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons Enova™ Brand Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup sherry OR reduced sodium, low-fat stock
- 2 cups reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
Heat 1 tablespoon Enova brand oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and mushrooms. Cook until onions and mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Add capers, oregano and sherry. Cook, uncovered, until most of sherry evaporates. Add marinara sauce and cook, uncovered, until sauce reduces and thickens.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Enova brand oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no pink remains and chicken is browned, about 20 minutes. Stir parsley into sauce. Pour sauce over chicken and heat.