Creamy chicken, veggies and pasta star in this one-dish meal that you can make ahead up to 24 hours in advance. Or freeze it uncooked until you need it. In place of the canned green beans, you can substitute 16 ounces of mixed veggies, frozen or thawed. I
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cook the rigatoni according to package directions until al dente.. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, boil the chicken breasts until fully cooked.
In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, green beans and mushrooms. Drain and stir in the rigatoni. Cube the cooked chicken breasts and stir this in as well. Transfer this mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle the cheese on top over all. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and the corn flakes and spread this mixture over the cheese. Finally, top off by sprinkling with the parsley.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.