A filling chicken and noodle casserole with a rich sour cream-cracker crust.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 7 ounces sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken and the onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. In a casserole dish, combine the chicken, onion, soups, and noodles. Mix this together well. Crush the crackers in a medium bowl. Add the butter or margarine and the sour cream, mix thoroughly and spread this over the chicken mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.