A creamy chicken-chili casserole layered with tortillas and cheddar.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine the soups, chicken, green chiles, onion and sour cream in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
Rip tortillas into bite size pieces and layer 1/3 onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer chicken mixture on top, then a layer of cheddar cheese. Repeat two additional times, making sure to end with cheese on the top layer. Bake in preheated oven for about an hour and serve.