Rice, mushrooms and chicken combine in this one-skillet dinner quickly made and happily eaten.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
In a large skillet, brown the chicken and mushrooms in butter or margarine. Stir in the soup, water, parsley, salt and a dash of ground black pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in uncooked rice and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed.