In this worthy tomato and chicken offering, pineapple provides a sweet contrast to piquant olives.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 10 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onions, quartered
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups black olives
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Sprinkle with salt.
In a large frying pan, brown chicken in oil. Combine cumin and cinnamon, and sprinkle over chicken. Add garlic and onion; cook until onion is soft. Add reserved pineapple juice, tomatoes, olives, and salsa. Cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
Mix cornstarch with water; stir into pan juices. Add bell pepper, and simmer until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in pineapple chunks, and heat through.