This recipe stars chicken in an ambrosial orange cream sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 quart fresh orange juice
- 4 cups heavy cream
Poke each breast with a fork a few times. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
In a large saute pan, brown meat on both sides in oil. Drain off excess oil. Splash with white wine, and let reduce. Add orange juice to cover the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, turning the breasts often. When at a boil, add whipping cream, just to cover. Turn heat down to a simmer. Reduce the liquid by half.
Place each breast on a bed of rice or toast tips, if desired; garnish with mint leaf and orange slice.