A few twists on the usual version, this recipe adds a touch of curry and cheddar to the broccoli and mushroom cream sauce. Assemble and freeze for an always-ready-for company entree.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Arrange cooked broccoli in a lightly greased 3 quart casserole dish. Arrange chicken over broccoli. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts.
In a medium bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder and butter/margarine. Mix together and pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.