This soup is made with corn tortilla thickened chicken broth, cans of red and green enchilada sauce, cooked cubes of chicken and half-and-half. Garnish with grated cheese, tomato, jalapenos and serve with tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cooked, boneless and skinless chicken breast halve
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Combine chicken stock and tortilla strips in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until strips soften and broth thickens somewhat.
Stir in enchilada sauces and cumin. Stir in chicken and half-and-half; heat through.
Divide among four bowls and garnish with diced tomato, jalapeno pepper, and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.