Savory, sauteed chicken is cooked in a cheesy, creamy sauce with Roma tomatoes. The mixture is served atop a bed of fettuccini pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion, 2 tablespoons garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini.