Fajita seasoning makes this salad feisty. The chicken is rubbed with it before grilling, and the wonderful bean/corn/salsa mixture is cooked in a bit of it as well. Add lots of greens, onions and tomatoes, and you have an amazing salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.