Lightly crisped corn tortillas envelope a zesty chicken and cheese filling.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 36 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl combine the shredded chicken, picante sauce and ground cumin. Mix together.
In a small skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Place a corn tortilla in the oil for 1 to 2 seconds on either side to soften. Repeat with all of the tortillas (if possible, have someone help you do this). Place tortillas on paper towel to soak up some of the oil.
Put 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top. Roll up tortilla and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, seam side down. Repeat with all of the tortillas until chicken mixture is gone. If there is any cheese left over, sprinkle it over the rolled tortillas.
Bake tortillas in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are a little crispy and golden brown.