My dad made this for me a while back and I loved it. Now, I found the recipe and he told me to submit it. Chicken, bananas, and coconut rum make one interesting, tasty, tropical dish. Great for Luau parties. Serve with steamed vegetables and rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers amaretto liqueur
- 3/4 cup coconut-flavored rum
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and stir in the brown sugar. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and toss with flour to coat. Add chicken and bananas to the skillet, and cook stirring occasionally until chicken is almost cooked through. Stir in the amaretto and rum, and heat through. Remove from the burner, and use a long match or lighter to flambe. Allow to burn until the alcohol cooks off and the flame goes out. Serve and enjoy!