Hotly spiced, this golden Indian chicken saute is ready to serve in minutes.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, green chilies, garam masala powder, ginger-garlic paste and fry until onions turn golden brown. Add chicken pieces, turmeric, nutmeg, pepper and chili powders and let cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Add salt and additional coriander powder to taste and cook until done. Garnish with cilantro if desired, and serve.