Broccoli, chicken and cheddar cheese nestled on cushion of yellow rice, under a capping of seasoned bread crumbs.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice, cooked
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs, seasoned
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Spread rice evenly over the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle cubed chicken evenly over rice, then sprinkle the broccoli over the chicken. Mix soup and milk together, and pour mixture evenly over chicken/broccoli mixture. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the soup.
Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan or skillet over low heat; add bread crumbs and mix completely together. Spoon mixture evenly over cheese layer in baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour.