Layer lasagna noodles with tasty bits of chicken, three kinds of cheese and a heavenly mushroom sauce to make a very special baked entree.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 18 lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, creamed
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a saucepan melt the butter and saute the onions, green peppers, red peppers, mushrooms. Add chicken soup and milk; cook until smooth.
In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer noodles, cooked chicken, soup mixture and cheeses. Alternate until gone. Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.