A savory saute of ground chicken or turkey with onions and green peppers is blended with cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup, then layered with noodles and cheeses to make a tasty lasagna.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 lasagne noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water, drain well.
In a large skillet, cook and stir ground turkey or chicken, chopped onions and green pepper over medium heat until golden brown. Drain excess grease. Mix in cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and evaporated skim milk. Cook mixture until it comes to a low boil.
To assemble, in a buttered 13x9 inch casserole dish layer 1/2 cup of the sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 cup of sauce, cottage cheese, one half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, 3 noodles, remaining sauce mixture. Finish with remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
In a preheated 350 degree F(175 degree C) oven bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Cook until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.