Basil and Italy's most famous wine give this chicken dish a rich flavor. This dish makes an easy entree that is tasty enough for entertaining.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Onion Powder
Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper and pound to approximately 1/4-inch thick. In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour with next 3 ingredients. Add chicken to flour mixture, toss to coat.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from skillet.
Add mushrooms and remaining oil, if needed. Saute 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in wine and remaining 3 ingredients. Stir to loosen any browned particles; bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.