A Cajun stir fry of vegetables and chicken over linguine, with loads of garlic and a nice spicy kick.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Marinate chicken in salad dressing to cover, for at least 1 hour.
Heat the chicken with Cajun blackening spice in olive oil. Add crushed garlic, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, wine and salt and pepper to taste. Saute until tender. Add chopped plum tomatoes and chopped fresh parsley to taste. Serve.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.