This is a super easy but wonderfully tasty salad recipe I picked up years ago which has become a summer tradition with my family! The ingredients and proportions are adjustable to personal preference.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1/2 pound uncooked pasta of your choice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and pour pasta into a large dish.
Stir in the corn, mushrooms, celery, onions, olives, bell pepper and cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the salad dressing and mayonnaise, then pour this mixture over the salad and toss again, to coat. Add flaked chicken and toss gently a final time.