Bits of broiled chicken seasoned with lemon pepper and garlic powder are tossed with pasta, roma tomatoes and tangy feta cheese. The Italian dressing of your choice finishes this savory summer salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, season chicken strips with lemon pepper and garlic powder. Broil in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cool chicken. Cut into bite size pieces.
In a large bowl, mix together the cooked pasta, chicken, quartered tomatoes, and feta cheese.
Serve with Italian dressing poured over top of pasta.