This is a super easy but wonderfully tasty salad recipe I picked up years ago which has become a summer tradition with my family! The ingredients and proportions are adjustable to personal preference. For added flavor, you can boil the pasta in a mixture
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 pound rotini/corkscrew pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup canned chicken meat - drained and flaked
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cool water. Pour into a large dish.
Combine mushrooms, olives, celery, onion, cheese, corn and green bell pepper with pasta; mix well.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing and mayonnaise; pour dressing over salad and toss again to coat.
Gently mix in flaked chicken; refrigerate for a few hours or serve.