A little brown mustard mixed into the custard is the flavor secret for this deep dish quiche, perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pastry shell
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, cheese, onion, flour, and 1/4 cup pecans; spoon into pie crust. In another bowl, beat eggs with milk and mustard; pour over chicken. Top with remaining pecans.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until done.