The sunny, nutty taste of basil and pine nuts melds with the rich notes of sun-dried tomatoes in a chicken sauce flavored with garlic and a handful of feta cheese. Serve over hot pasta and top with a grating of Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Soak sun dried tomatoes in chicken broth.
Cook chicken in oil with garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until done.
Stir cornstarch into a couple of tablespoons of chicken broth. Stir remaining chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, pesto, pine nuts, and basil into the skillet with the chicken. Mix cornstarch mixture into the sauce, and cook until thickened. Add feta a few minutes before serving.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Serve sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.