Lemon perks up this chicken in wine sauce, an easy company favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons - cut into wedges, for garnish
Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness between plastic wrap or waxed paper. Mix egg and water. Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat chicken with flour, dip into egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
Heat butter or margarine and oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from skillet using tongs; keep warm.
Stir lemon juice and wine into drippings in skillet. Heat to boiling; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, and serve with lemon wedges for garnish.