Creamy and savory, this pie is filled with cream of chicken and cream of potato soups, along with a bit of thyme. It cooks up thick and hearty full of chicken and mixed veggies.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, boiled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9 inch pie dish with pastry.
Blanch frozen mixed vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
Dice chicken and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables, thyme, celery soup and potato soup. Stir together.
Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes and then serve.