Chicken, cheese and broccoli make a winning combination in this savory pie. There 's also cream of chicken soup, carrots, and lots of diced chicken baked up into this wonderful 9-inch pie.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Steam carrots and broccoli in a covered pot for 3 minutes, until slightly tender but still firm.
In a large bowl, mix together carrots, broccoli, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, and salt. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined 9 inch pie pan and cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.