Tender chicken is topped with Provolone cheese, bathed in a creamy wine sauce, and encrusted with herbed stuffing.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 3/4 fluid ounces white wine
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Arrange chicken breast halves in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top each breast half with a half slice of Provolone cheese.
In a medium bowl, blend cream of chicken soup and white wine. Pour over the chicken.
In a separate medium bowl, mix the butter and stuffing mix. Top the chicken with the stuffing mixture.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.