Layers of rice, a creamy mixture of chicken and peppers and a Jack cheese topping make up the masterpiece that is Chicken Rice Mexicana! This is a fast and easy way to get the flavor of fajitas from your oven. It is especially good if you grill the chicke
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked white rice, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 (10 inch) heated flour tortillas for serving
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper until tender. Remove from heat and stir chicken into skillet, then add soup and milk and mix well.
Spread 1 cup rice in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, then layer with chicken mixture, remaining 1 cup rice and top with cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with heated flour tortillas, fajita style.