This is a quick, filling, spicy dish consisting of beans, chicken, and tomatoes served with rice. It's good stuff!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken strips 10 minutes, or until browned and juices run clear.
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the black beans, diced tomatoes, green beans, Creole seasoning, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Mix the chicken into the bean and tomato mixture, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.