Grapes, apples and canned pineapple and oranges give a refreshing aura to this mayo-dressed chicken and pasta salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 cups cooked pasta, shape of your choice
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Chill pasta and chicken thoroughly.
Mix chicken, celery, apples, grapes, pineapple, mandarin oranges and pasta in large bowl.
Mix the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, salt, dash of pepper and a dash of nutmeg.
Combine mayonnaise and chicken mixtures and toss. Store in the refrigerator.