This light chicken salad on a cantaloupe ring is a fun and flavorful way to perk up a summer luncheon.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cantaloupe rings
- toasted sliced almonds
In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes and parsley. Combine the next seven ingredients; mix well. Pour over chicken mixture and toss. Chill for at least 1 hour. To serve, place 1 cup of chicken salad on each cantaloupe ring; sprinkle with almonds.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.