With rotisserie chickens so readily available, it's easy to buy a pre-roasted bird and pull the meat off the bones for use in recipes that would otherwise likely be too complicated for a weeknight meal. A little shredding and chopping is all it takes to s
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium celery ribs, cut into small dice
- 2 medium green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- To serve:
- Boston lettuce
- sliced cucumbers
- grated carrots
- chopped honey-roasted peanuts
In a medium bowl, mix chicken, celery, green onions and peanuts. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, sugar, red pepper, cilantro and mint, plus 2 Tbs. water.
Toss dressing with chicken mixture and serve on a bed of Boston lettuce with the suggested accompaniments.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article Rottisserie Chicken Jump-starts Snazzy Meals on September 5, 2004.
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.