McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Wasabi Powder adds the flavor boost for this refreshing, colorful salad created by Chef Paul Kahan of Blackbird in Chicago.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Szechwan Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Wasabi Powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 head bibb or Boston lettuce
Season chicken strips with Szechwan seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large, nonstick skillet. Saute chicken 7 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, olive oil, wasabi powder, honey, lime juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Combine chicken strips, cilantro, green onions, red bell pepper, and mango in a large bowl. Toss gently with wasabi vinaigrette. Place on chilled salad plates lined with bibb lettuce.