This unusual and refreshing chicken salad is perked up by the addition of toasted almonds, tangy pineapple, crunchy water chestnuts and sweet grapes.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the lemon juice. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Mix the salad dressing, salt, pineapple, grapes, almonds, water chestnuts and lettuce into the chicken until evenly combined. Chill until serving.