Toasted almonds, tangy pineapple, crunchy water chestnuts and sweet grapes are used to make a delicious chicken salad served on whole grain bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-fat creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip™)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped canned water chestnuts
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, rinsed
- 16 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the lemon juice. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Mix the salad dressing, salt, pineapple, grapes, almonds, and water chestnuts into the chicken until well blended. Chill until serving. Serve on toasted bread with lettuce leaves.
The original recipe Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds was submitted by Sara, and contains 578 calories, 42 g fat, 86 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 22.7 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, and 28.2 g protein.