You will forget about being on a diet with these gourmet chicken satay appetizers. Don't hold back on the peanut dipping sauce either, they are both great for phase 1.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- PEANUT SAUCE
- 1 1/2 tablespoons trans-fat free peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 packet sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper to taste
To make peanut sauce: Place the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Microwave for 30 seconds.
Pound chicken breasts between pieces of plastic wrap to a uniform thickness. Rub each breast with about 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce. Then season both sides of each breast with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Place in a skillet and grill a couple minutes per side. Remove and cut into strips or cubes and thread onto skewers. Dip into peanut sauce and enjoy.