A perfect salad to take to the seashore, or just to your kitchen table. It 's chock full of goodies like pineapple, apples, mandarin oranges and cashews. And pasta shaped like miniature shells. But the dressing is special - pineapple juice and almond extr
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups seashell pasta
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 boneless, chicken breast halves - cooked, skinned
- 3 ounces pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 2 small Gravenstein apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (3 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Cook macaroni in a large pan of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse. Set aside.
Place nuts in a dry skillet. Toast over medium heat, turning frequently, until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, pineapple, apples, celery, mandarin oranges, and toasted nuts.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, reserved pineapple juice, and almond flavoring. Stir into pasta mixture, and mix well. Chill.